Ian Pannell is a senior foreign correspondent at ABC News. His work involves covering the ABC network’s top news stories while serving in the position of senior television and radio correspondent for worldwide reporting. Prior to this position he was BBC International Correspondent.
Ian Pannell grew up in London. It is certain that he must have obtained his primary and secondary education from accredited schools and universities in London. Although his exact date of birth or year is not known, he is certainly living in his early 50s.
Ian Panell’s career
Ian Pannell began his career in 1991 working as a reporter for BBC Radio. At the time he was living in the UK and working while reporting British and foreign news for BBC Radio. He previously joined the new BBC network 5 Live and later moved to London from where he was posted to Radio 1 Newsbeat and eventually to BBC Radio 4’s World at One, PM and World This Weekend.
He dedicated his 11-year life to BBC Radio, after which he joined the BBC News Network. He dedicated his 15 years of life to the network while working for positions such as International Correspondent (2014-June 2017), Foreign Correspondent (2011-2014), South Asia Correspondent (2008-2011), Middle East Correspondent (2005-2011). , and correspondent in Washington (2002-2005).
In various positions within the BBC network he worked on morning news reporting, covering the whole region with a particular focus on Syria, Lebanon and Iraq, covering the fight against the Taliban and covering major world news and coverage around the world for various issues and coverage for BBC Radio, BBC News and BBC Digital Network. While working for the BBC, he has reported amazing news stories about various compelling stories. In June 2017, he became Senior Foreign Correspondent at ABC News. His current position is based in London, United Kingdom. He has retained his position at ABC Network for four years and eight months.
Ian Pannell Biography
|Real name||Ian Panell|
|date of birth||–|
|Age (as of 2022)||45-50 years|
|place of birth||London, United Kingdom|
|height||in feet inches – 5′ 9” – in centimeters – 175 cm|
|Weight||in kilograms – 72kg – in pounds – 158 pounds|
|shoe size||10 (US)|
Ian Pannell Family
|Who is Ian Pannell’s wife?||Lou Panell|
|children||Three (Jack, Charlie & Alfie Pannell|
Ian Pannell married a beautiful and loving woman named Lou Pannell. His wife used to be his longtime girlfriend and fiancée before they tied in the marriage vows. Both are the proud parents of three grown sons named Jack Pannell, Charlie Pannell and Alfie Pannell. They live as a happy family. The family members are close and are often spotted together while posing for photos on Instagram. Their first born son Jack holds a first class BA with honors from the University of Warwick. He also has a girlfriend named Nia Ognyanova with whom he has posted some memorable moments on social media.
Ian Pannell net worth
Ian Pannell works as a foreign correspondent. He has around 10 years experience working with the BBC Radio Network and 15 years experience with the BBC News Network. He has had a long-standing relationship with journalism. He is currently serving his tenure with the ABC network. Undoubtedly, he has achieved a lot due to his determined, outstanding and amazing journalism career. His net worth is around $1.2 million. He earns an average annual salary of around $172,000.
Facts About Ian Pannell
- His reporting has earned him various awards. He was awarded an International Emmy for his contribution to reporting on the conflict between Hezbollah and Israel.
- He has also received the Royal Television Society Award and an International Press Award.
- He has also received two Emmys and two Peabody Awards for outstanding reporting.
- He also holds many other awards for honest, authentic storytelling and honorable reporting.
- Ian started his career at BBC Radio and gradually became a news correspondent for BBC News and later International Correspondent for the station.
- He has also dabbled in writing or publishing books. His publications include Soldiers Life and Secret Service (1989), Shoot Pool (1989) and Meek Strength (2020).
- Ian has more than 3,000 followers on his Instagram profile. He has had a distinguished career in journalism.
- In his tweets, he often describes the modern world with funny memes and jokes.