Kelly Slater is an American professional surfer. His favorite waves are Cloudbreak, Pipeline and Deerfield Beach Pier. In 2003 and 2004 he won the gold medal at the X Games. He is also the elder surfer to complete a 10-point drive in the World Surf League at the 2019 Billabong Pipe Masters. Recently in 2022 he participated in the Billabong Pro Pipeline in Oahu, Hawaii and also hinted at his retirement.
Kelly was born on February 11, 1972 in Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States. His parents’ names are Judy Moriarity and Stephen Slater. He also has two brothers named Sean and Stephen. He started surfing at the age of five. Kelly completed his high school education at Cocoa Beach Senior High School. The details of his further education have not yet been shared with the media. From an early age he took part in various surfing competitions.
Kelly Slater’s career
In 1984 he won his first US age-group surfing championship. He decided to focus his career on surfing. In 1990 he turned pro and was honored with the Body Glove Surfboat in Trestles, California. From 1990 to 2022 he was featured and honored in many surfing competitions. In 1994 he was crowned World Surf League Champion and held the record 11 times. During his surfing career he has been spotted at various surfing events such as Quiksilver Pro, Billabong Pro, Volcom Fiji Pro, Hurley Pro, Nike Pro US Open, Rip Curl Search, Hang Loose Pro and others.
He also joined Rob Machado and Peter King in a band called The Surfers. Besides his surfing career, he has also acted in various TV series and films. He has appeared in television series called Baywatch, The Jersey, The Girls Next Door and The Ultimate Surfer. His roles in films are in Focus, Endless Summer, Hit & Run, The Show, Surf’s Up, Down the Barrel, One Track Mind, Campaign 1, Step into Liquid, Fighting fear, View from a Blue Moon, The Ocean, Waveriders too see and many more movies.
Kelly Slater Biography
|Real name||Robert Kelly Slater|
|date of birth||February 11, 1972|
|Age (as of 2022)||49 years|
|place of birth||Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States|
|height||in feet inches – 5′ 9” – in centimeters – 175 cm|
|Weight||in kilograms – 72kg – in pounds – 159 pounds|
|shoe size||10 (US)|
Kelly Slater Family
|Brothers||Sean Slater, Stephen Slater|
|marital status||In relation|
Kelly has been dating his longtime girlfriend named Kalani Miller for more than five years. They are said to be engaged and not married yet. He was previously in a relationship with Cameron Diaz, Pamela Anderson and Gisele Bundchen. In 1996 he was blessed with his daughter named Taylor.
Kelly Slater Net Worth
Kelly Slater made a lot of money as a surfer by competing and winning matches. His career earnings have been estimated at around $4,071,360. He also earns through sponsorships, acting cameo and as a musician. According to sources, his net worth was estimated at around $25 million.
Facts About Kelly Slater
- He is a golfer and practices Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- His father was the bait shop owner.
- He plays guitar and ukulele.
- At the age of 10 he was winning age group events.
- In 2008 he wrote a book entitled Kelly Slater: For the Love.
- He appeared in the music video for Garbage’s You Look So Fine in 1999.
- In 2003 he wrote a book called Pipe Dreams: A Surfers Journey.
- He has refused to receive the Covid-19 vaccinations and has criticized vaccination campaigns and restrictions imposed by the Australian government.
- In 2016, the World Sur League acquired a controlling interest in the Kelly Slater Wave Company for an undisclosed sum.
- He is a fundraiser and speaker for suicide prevention awareness.
- He founded a beverage company called Purps and is a brand ambassador for The Chia Co.