MacKenzie Scott is an American novelist and philanthropist. She is the third richest woman in the world and the 20th richest person overall. She is known worldwide as the former wife of Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and Blue Origin.
Mac Kenzie Scott Tuttle, commonly known as Mac Kenzie Scott, was born on April 7, 1970 in San Francisco, California, United States of America. She is the daughter of her father, who is a financial planner, and her mother, who is a homemaker. Scott attended the Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut, graduating in 1988. Later, in 1992, Scott graduated from Princeton University, where she studied under Nobel Prize winner Toni Morrison and received her bachelor’s degree in English. Toni Morrison mentioned her as one of the best students he’s ever had in his creative writing class.
MacKenzie Scott career
After graduating from college, Scott applied to be a research associate at DE Shaw, a quantitative hedge fund in New York, so she could pay the bills while she worked on her novel. There she was interviewed by Jeff Bezos, who was the company’s vice president. In 2005, Scott debuted writing her first novel, The Testing of Luther Albright, for which she won the 2006 American Book Award. She mentioned that it took her ten years to write this book as she helped Jeff Bezos build Amazon. The second novel, published in 2013, was titled Trap.
Scott was one of Amazon’s early employees, being heavily involved in the early days of the company’s inception, working on the company’s name, business plan, accounts and shipping of early orders. She also negotiated the company’s first freight contract. She was less involved with the venture after it was successful, preferring to focus on children and her novel. Currently, Scott hasn’t mentioned anything about her upcoming projects, but we can assume she’ll be releasing or working on a new novel or her stocks soon. She could also be seen donating to those in need who need help.
MacKenzie Scott Divorce
Earlier, Scott filed for divorce with Jeff Bezos and separated in 2019 now she again filed for divorce against her second husband Dan Jewett in September 2022. Dan is a high school chemistry teacher. Family law attorney David Glass tells PEOPLE that the couple’s separation agreements mean “there won’t be any trials,”
MacKenzie Scott Biography
|MacKenzie Scott Tuttle
|Date of birth
|Age (as of 2022)
|place of birth
|San Francisco, California
|in feet inches – 5′ 7” – in centimeters – 170 cm
|in kilograms – 55kg – in pounds – 121 pounds
|bra (chest) size
MacKenzie Scott family
|Jason Baker Tuttle
|Is she lesbian?
|Who is MacKenzie Scott’s husband?
|Jeff Bezos (m. 1993; div. 2019), Dan Jewett (m. 2021; sep. 2022)
In 1993, Scott married Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and Blue Origin. The pair met while working as his assistant at DE Shaw in 1992. They dated in New York for three months, married, and moved to Seattle, Washington in 1994. The couple then split in 2019, after which she received 25% of Amazon shares, making her the third richest woman in the world. The couple has four children, three sons, and one daughter, who they adopted from China.
MacKenzie Scott Net Worth
Mac Kenzie Scott, who is on the list of the world’s richest people and is the ex-wife of Amazon’s founder, earns an estimated net worth of $33.9 billion as of September 2022. She was named one of the world’s most powerful women by Forbes in 2021, and one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020. She is a signee of the Giving Pledge, a commitment to donate half of her wealth to charity.
Facts About MacKenzie Scott
- Mac Kenzie Scott is an American writer and philanthropist.
- She is the third richest woman in the world and the 20th richest person overall.
- Scott attended the Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut
- Toni Morrison mentioned her as one of the best students he’s ever had in his creative writing class.
- In 1993, Scott married Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and Blue Origin.
- They have four children, three sons and a daughter, who they adopted in China.
- Scott then split in 2019, after which she received 25% of Amazon’s shares, making her the third richest woman in the world.
- In 2005, Scott debuted writing her first novel, The Testing of Luther Albright, for which she won the 2006 American Book Award.
- Scott was one of Amazon’s early employees.
- The latest controversy about Mac Kenzie Scott is that after divorcing Jeff Bezos, she is now married to Dan Jewett, who is a science teacher at a private Lakeside school in Seattle.