Andrea Mitchell is an American journalist and television news anchor. She is currently the Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for NBC News and the host of “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” a daily news program on MSNBC. Mitchell got a Lifetime Achievement Emmy award for her journalistic work in 2019.
Andrea Mitchell was born on October 30, 1946, in New Rochelle, New York, and raised in a Jewish family. She is the daughter of Sydney (Rubenstein) Mitchell and Cecile. Her father was the CEO and part owner of a furniture manufacturer in Manhattan. Aside from that, he also was the president for 40 years of the Beth El Synagogue in New Rochelle. Her mother, Cecile, was an administrator at the New York Institute of Technology in Manhattan.
She has a brother Arthur Mitchell who moved to British Columbia with his wife Nancy in the 1970s. Andrea has a sister whose name is Susan Greenstein.
Mitchell attended New Rochelle High School. She then attended the University of Pennsylvania and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature in 1967. While at Penn university, she served as the news director of the student radio station WXPN.
Andrea Mitchell career
Mitchell began her journalism career in the 1970s, working as a reporter for local television stations in Philadelphia and later as a correspondent for CBS News. In 1978, she joined NBC News as a correspondent and has been with the network ever since. Over the years, she has covered a wide range of topics and events, including politics, foreign affairs, and social issues.
In her role as Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for NBC News, Mitchell has covered major international events such as the collapse of the Soviet Union, the 9/11 attacks, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. She has also interviewed numerous high-profile figures, including heads of state, political leaders, and celebrities.
In addition to her work as a correspondent, Mitchell is the host of “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” a daily news program on MSNBC. Mitchell is known for her interviews with high-profile figures, including heads of state, political leaders, and celebrities. She has received numerous awards and accolades for her journalism, including several Emmy Awards and the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism.
Because of her statements, she was drawn into several controversies such as the Plame affair, the Sudanese incident, the Reference to rural Virginia as “redneck” country, Romney’s remarks at Wawa, and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising characterization.
Andrea Mitchell Biography
|Real name||Andrea Mitchel|
|Date of birth||October 30, 1946|
|Age (as of 2022)||76 years|
|place of birth||New Rochelle, New York, USA|
|height||in feet inches – 5′ 10” – in centimeters – 178 cm|
|Weight||in kilograms – 63kg – in pounds – 139 pounds|
Andrea Mitchell family
|school||New Rochelle High School|
|University||University of Pennsylvania|
|Who is Andrea Mitchell’s husband?||Alan Greenspan|
Mitchell was first married to Gil Jackson, and that marriage ended in divorce in the mid-1970s. On April 6, 1997, she married her second husband, then Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan after a long relationship. Mitchell announced that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer on September 7, 2011. It was caught early during a doctor’s visit and treated.
Awards And Achievements
Andrea Mitchell is a highly respected and accomplished journalist who has received numerous awards and accolades for her work. Some of her notable awards and achievements include:
- Several Emmy Awards: Mitchell has won several Emmy Awards for her work as a correspondent and anchor, including one for her coverage of the collapse of the Soviet Union and another for her reporting on the 9/11 attacks.
- Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism: In 2009, Mitchell received the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism, which is given to journalists who have made significant contributions to the field.
- Women in Communications Headliner Award: In 2012, Mitchell received the Women in Communications Headliner Award, which recognizes women who have made significant contributions to the field of communications.
- Gracie Award: In 2013, Mitchell received a Gracie Award, which recognizes outstanding achievements by women in media.
- National Press Foundation’s Award for Lifetime Contributions to Journalism: In 2017, Mitchell received the National Press Foundation’s Award for Lifetime Contributions to Journalism, which recognizes journalists who have made significant contributions to the field over the course of their careers.
These are just a few of the many awards and achievements that Andrea Mitchell has received throughout her career. She is highly respected in the world of journalism and has earned a reputation for her thorough and incisive reporting.
Andrea Mitchell net worth
Throughout her career, Mitchell has been a respected and influential voice in the world of journalism and has earned a reputation for her fair and balanced approach to reporting. She receives a massive salary of $1 million a year along with perks and allowances and also owns several expensive cars and luxury goods. As of 2022, her net worth is estimated to be a whopping $9 million.
Facts About Andrea Mitchell
- Andrea Mitchell is an American journalist and television news anchor who currently serves as the Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for NBC News.
- She was born on October 30, 1946, in New Rochelle, New York.
- She is married to former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan.
- She was recognized with the Primetime Emmy Lifetime Achievement for her impeccable career as a journalist.
- Mitchell began her journalism career in the 1970s, working as a reporter for local television stations in Philadelphia. She later joined CBS News as a correspondent, and then joined NBC News in 1978.
- She has been a journalist for NBC for over 40 years.
- Mitchell has interviewed numerous high-profile figures throughout her career, including heads of state, political leaders, and celebrities. Some of the notable figures she has interviewed include former President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- Mitchell has written a book based on her career as a journalist called Talking back…to Presidents, Dictators, and Assorted Scoundrels.
- Andrea just loves reporting on politics because she believes she is a curious person and loves challenging tasks.
- Andrea is a very good friend of Oscar De la Renta, in fact, her wedding dress was designed by him.
- She likes to keep work and personal separate, so if she’s going to dinner and someone is talking about work, she’d tell them to explore those questions later.